Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Trip to California

My younger sister Nicole had her first baby in July. Addie and I flew out there hoping to be there for the birth but she delivered early and we missed it by 2 days! We still had a really fun week of sun, family and swimming!



On both flights she was spoiled with in flight entertainment. She watched a movie for most of the flight.

Baby Mack!


I shared a bed with her for the week and it was not easy! She is a crazy sleeper! I do love the mask though.

Watching some Netflix and sippin' hot chocolate at Starbucks.

The new parents trying to figure out how to bathe a baby. 

I did get a run or two in while we were there. It was a bit warm outside for me. The treadmill was better than being outside and that pool felt nice later!

Melanie and Dustin joined us for the weekend so all 4 of us were together!

We escaped one morning with Melanie, Kadence, Garrisyn and Ryker to the beach. The water was actually decent enough for even me to get in! We borrowed Nic's boogie board and had a lot of fun in the waves. I had to drag Addie away when every one was starting to get a sunburn!

I think she only skipped one day of swimming in the pool. One day was cut short when she got her very first bee sting while in the water! We picked up some pool rings while we were there to give her some good under water practice!

Daniel sent me this photo while I was gone and it made me smile. I think he was pretty proud of himself for keeping everything together at home while I was gone. He did a great job with the kids, getting Dia to soccer and holding down the fort!

On our last day there we stopped to have lunch at a fun little cafe. We had tea and little sandwhiches. It was Addie's kind of place for sure!





Finally the trip was over and it was time to head back home!




No comments: