Wednesday, March 25, 2009

We finally took Addie to the doc. last week because she was coughing a lot and wheezing when she breaths. They gave her an antibiotic and a nebulizer with medicine. I was a little concerned when they told me I would have to sit with her for about 10 minutes every 4-5 hours. How in the world do you get a toddler to sit still for 10 minutes? She actually did VERY well with it. Towards the end of the week she was holding the mask to her face herself...for the whole 10 minutes. We love our little girl...



I just like this picture...poor thing has my big teeth!!
One last thing that I am so proud of. I checked out a of bunch of books and videos from the library about using the potty for Addie to watch. She's been using her potty before she gets in the bath at night, but there is always like a week between the nights that she actually goes. I've been letting her watch them with her little pink potty in the living room naked. The first time she sat on it for awhile then stood up and peed on the floor. Today though was good!! We watched one of the movies then I asked her to sit on her potty one more time before I put her diaper back on. When she stood up, there was actually something there! Usually when she goes she gets upset like she did something wrong but today she looked happy, proud. I gave her a 'treat' (some marshmellows) and she was very happy. Maybe we'll actually get somewhere with this potty training thing before she's even 2.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

We had to do a breathing treatment with Mia too. She hated it! We could barely hold it on for a minute! Luckily she wasn't sick for very long.

Erick and Janette said...

She is such a trooper! What a good girl to hold the mask herself for the whole 10 minutes! And congrats on the potty training!