Tuesday, August 24, 2010

One Finished Room

It's interesting to me that this was the last room (of the painted rooms) to get painted and it's the first one that I am considering to be 'done'. I am thinking about adding 2 more pictures, but for now I like it.
None of the furniture in here 'matches' or came from the same place. Yet it all seems to come together.
If it wasn't so warm upstairs I would spend a lot more time in this room.

All of these things are "new" to us.
-Drawers and changing table were given to us by friends
-Ikea has great trash cans and laundry baskets for cheap!
(Yes, that is a pink changing pad on the table. I haven't gotten around to making a blue one yet.)


We already had all of this furniture.
-Glider from Craigslist
-Bed purchased new from my mom
-Nightstand is from my college apartment


My sister in law gave me these posters. They are big so I thought nice frames would cost a ton. I went to our Goodwill store and bought 3 different frames and spray painted them dark brown. I love how they came out!
The newborn picture of Johnny above the changing table was put in a new frame but I painted it to match the others.


And his room would not be complete without his name somewhere in it. One of the perks of owning your own vinyl machine. :)

You can't see it in any of the pictures, but I got the rug from Ikea that you can 'drive' your little cars on. (It has roads, store, schools, etc. on it). It ties all of the colors together.

1 comment:

Clay and Katy said...

Very cute!!! Love the picture of him above the changing table!!! So fun!