Thursday, May 14, 2015

Homeschool

I know I've been meaning to post about our school year but let's face it, I can't even keep up with the simple monthly posts! We are really enjoying this year. It is going soooooo much better than last year. We switched up curriculum, played with the schedule to see what works and I am just trying to be easy going about it all. Sure we still have grumpy days (not just the kids!) but we also have really good days. Our normal week is Monday-Thursday with a field trip on Friday. We work until lunch then everyone needs a break! I am looking forward to finishing up what we are working on and getting in to next years curriculum! I love new books and schedules!!

One of our science units was on the Solar System. At first Johnny said it was going to be boring but by the end he was asking everyday if we were going to be doing an experiment. :)

This photo is just random. I love how she can dress up however she wants. :)

I made this mixture of shaving cream and glue and it was so fun! The kids played in it for a little bit then we made them in to moons!

Our Solar System wall. Yes, as a friend pointed out the planets are not in order. :) We didn't learn about them in order either. We just picked one at random and read about it.

Moon phases with Oreos. You can't go wrong with food!

After our anatomy unit I bought them the game Operation. This time they got a big solar system floor puzzle! 

We are just starting to wrap some things up. I hope to be about done with our school 'year' by the middle of June so we can take a quick break then start again!

No comments: