Monday, November 14, 2016

Trip to Chelan

Back in April Daniel and I had the chance to escape for 2 days to Chelan, WA. Daniel had a work conference so I tagged along. This time we didn't even have to take the baby! The weather was not fantastic but decent enough.
This was the view from the hotel room. We've stayed at this hotel several times now and I always love that every single room has a great view!

My Uncle Tom lives about an hour from Chelan. He is an airline pilot and owns his own plane. On our way out there we stopped at the airport he has a hanger at and got to go on a ride! It was a blast!! His Citabria is such a fun plane to fly. Since Daniel was in the conference the whole next day, I got up and met Tom at a nearby airport where he picked me up and we went out again. He even let me fly for a bit. I wouldn't mind having a toy like this one day!





Daniel and I enjoyed an early morning run together along the water. He had to cut his short but I stayed out and got my 3 miles in!


This isn't the best picture but can you see the trail that leads all the way to the top of the hill?  On the last day, Daniel ditched part of his conference and we went hiking! The hill didn't look too bad from our hotel room but we were dying! We didn't even make it all the way to the top before we called it quits. It was fun and beautiful but so steep!






No comments: