Saturday, November 21, 2009

First Week

This last week has really been a blur. I don't think there is anything super significant to write about. Johnny is doing really well. He is such a great sleeper! We are working on getting him to stay up more during the day and get out of the 2-3 hours he cries and is awake in the middle of the night.
***
Daniel went back to work on Tuesday leaving my mom to help me with Addie. Thank goodness she changed her flight to be here earlier. I don't think we would have survived 4 days without her here! After a few days at home I needed to get out. We ran some errands (which I mentioned in the previous post). Friday we took a trip to the grocery store. I thought about riding one of those electric carts but decided I could handle walking for a little bit. Soon after we got there the cramps started up and I probably looked miserable. Addie insisted on getting out of the cart toward the end so I let her. My mom left us to go get something and Addie took off running. I was moving pretty slow at this point and could not find her. Then I heard an announcement over the intercom "we have a lost little girl with blond hair. Would her mom please come get her." Embarrassing. Can't imagine what the employee was thinking when she saw me walk up with another baby in the cart. Friday night we received a gift card for a nearby restaurant so we were brave and went for our first dinner out. Tomorrow is my mom's birthday so we took her to Red Robin tonight to celebrate. The baby does pretty well out and in his car seat.
***
Right after I had the baby Addie's potty training got a little rocky. She had a few accidents here at home. She kept asking for a diaper when she saw us putting one on Johnny. It would only last for about an hour though before she would want her underwear back on. She is doing much better now. Even at the restaurants she tells us when she needs to go. Even though I am not the one taking her to the bathroom all of the time right now, it is nice only having 1 diaper to change throughout the day.
***
Other than being tired and still a little sore, things are going really well. I think Johnny gets cuter everyday. We are hoping he puts some weight on soon so that his clothes will fit a little bit better. Thanks to everyone who has congratulated us and even stopped by to see the little guy!

No comments: