Friday, November 13, 2009

Progress...

We (meaning Daniel) did a lot of work on the house before/right after we moved in. I am always so amazed at how much difference it makes by painting and ripping out carpet. I posted some before and after photos of the rooms that are done. But first, this is Daniel's current project. This is the downstairs shower that I am supposed to rinse off in after I have the baby...
before...
...and this is what it looks like today. Scary.

The blue master bedroom before...

and after. We still need to paint the drawers under the window but the rest looks pretty nice.


The 'loft' at the top of the stairs before...


and after. I am not good photographer. This area really does look nice, I am impressed every time I go upstairs.


Addie's pink room and nasty carpet before...

after. Aww...nice wood floors. :)


***

Something else we have been making lots of progress in is potty training! I am so proud of her for doing so well. I decided about 3 weeks ago after reading a friends blog that we were just going to go for it and get her underwear. When we are at home I don't feel like I really need to constantly ask her if she needs to go. She will usually yell "have to go!" and take off running toward the bathroom. The first couple of days were rough but she caught on pretty fast. This week I got brave and we started running our errands with her in underwear. So far she has done fantastic! She had one small accident at JoAnn because she wondered off from me and by the time she found me it was too late, but it wasn't anything we had to change her clothes for. It has been wonderful for me not having to get up and down off the floor to change her. It is MUCH easier to stand in the bathroom with her than it is to get down on the floor at this point. :) We will see how she does when the baby comes, maybe we will only have child in diapers (she does still wear a diaper or pull up while she is sleeping but I am fine with that!).

1 comment:

Clay and Katy said...

oh the bathroom is a little scary!! get workin' daniel! the rest of the rooms look great! was the wood floor already there under the carpet?? it looks really nice! how fun! and yay for addie on the potty training! we have gotten a little more brave with jack when we go out and i either have a pull up on over his underwears or he just has his undies on and so far no problems...fingers crossed!