Sunday, September 16, 2012

Doin' the Puyallup 2012

I'm always amazed at how early people start getting ready for the fair. We started noticing the Funtastic trucks rolling in a few weeks ago. Every time we drove past the fair grounds the kids would point out a new ride that was set up or that they saw the roller coaster being tested or the bucket things were hung for the sky ride that goes over the whole fair grounds. Finally, it actually opened and they were soo excited. Addie was a little bummed we didn't go opening day (I usually take the kids because it is free admission before noon but since Addie has school everyday now we didn't get to go!).
Monday afternoon I packed up the kids (and the double stroller, snacks, hats, jackets and sippy cups) and headed over there after school. We walked around and looked at the animals and waited for Daniel to get there. Then they got to go on the rides! Johnny is barely 36" tall so he can go on a few rides but not all of the kid's rides yet. They have their favorite ones that they have to go on every time. The helicopter is usually one of the first ones!


 
 
  
 
Both kids wanted to go on this bear ride. Johnny was too short so it was just Addie and me! She loved it! We spun it slowly for most of it. I did make it go pretty fast at one point. She was laughing and smiling then after a minute said "ok, let's slow down". I'm glad Daniel doesn't like fair rides because that means I get to go on them with the kids!
 
 

In the spring I posted about Addie deciding she wanted to go down the Super Slide all by herself. This time it was Johnny's turn. He really is so small to be doing stuff like this on his own but he did it! I think he was a little freaked out when he started going down the slide because he fell backward and ended up going the whole way down on his back!  
 
 
Since the Spring fair we have been telling Johnny that he needs to eat his dinner so that he can grow tall enough to go on more rides. His dream came true this time and he got to go in the ball pit. He didn't want to go down the slide that gets you to the ball pit, it took some convincing. After all his hard work to get there, I don't think he enjoyed the balls. At all. So on to the next ride we went!

I have to say, this year I am not super in to the fair. We usually go at least twice but I think this was our one and only time this year. The kids got to go on the rides, we saw some animals and had treats. Maybe I am just too tired and the thought of walking there and back it just too much. There's always another one in the spring!

No comments: