Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten

Today was Addie's first day of kindergarten! We have been looking forward to this day all summer. She has been so bored, I was excited for her to have something to do in the afternoon! I just got her registered at her new school last week so I didn't even know who the teacher was going to be. When I went in to register her the principle was there and gave us a little tour. At least I knew where I was supposed to drop her off!
This morning we went to playgroup. From there we went over to our new house for lunch. I wanted to walk over to the school because there is not a whole lot of parking around the school. I figured we were going to be walking a lot once we move in to the house, we might as well start today! Johnny was pretty tired by the time we got back, I think I'll need to take the double stroller tomorrow!
 




 

 Listening to the teacher give instructions. Poor thing kept saying her back pack was too heavy! It's as big as she is!
 


There were a couple kids crying when it was time for the parents to leave. I felt bad for them, it was sad! Addie was all set and barely wanted to say bye! When I got home, the 2 little kids took naps and I had a minute to myself. I wish I could say I did something productive but that just wasn't the case!She came home pretty happy and said she had a good day. I love when she comes home and wants to tell me all about what she did and the small details that are important to her like how the drinking fountain is connected to the sink in her classroom. I know in a few more years when I ask her how her day was all I will get is a short "fine". I think she is going to love her class! And I think I am going to love my quiet afternoons (as long as Johnny D continues to nap!).

No comments: