Saturday, September 15, 2012

My Kids

This past week was a bit crazy. It seems like I am just surviving some days. It's not "oh man I have 3 kids and life is crazy" barely surviving. It's "oh man I have 3 kids, we bought a fixer upper house, my daughter just started kindergarten and they want me to fill out papers and make a scrapbook page and if I sit down I might fall asleep" barely surviving. We have fun though. Most of the time.

 
 
 
 
 
 
Some facts about each child this week:
Addie- Loving kindergarten! She always wants to be so helpful with the baby, making dinner and setting the table. Sometimes I look at her and think "I can't possibly have a child this big."
Johnny D- Keeps me on my toes. Just when I think I have found a way to talk to him to end or avoid a melt down of screaming and drooling all over, something changes. The techniques I was using the day before are now out the window and I have to start over. The other day I had Addie and Johnny in our Civic. He can easily reach the inside door handle from his seat in this car. Before it even crossed my mind that he might actually open the door while I was driving, he opened it. In the middle of an intersection! It was one of those times where you just have to laugh.
Diadora- Seriously the best baby. If only we can get her to like the car! We are working on getting her to fall asleep on her own and in her own bed. The other day she fell asleep in the stroller at Zumba. And tonight at Red Robin. Something about the noise? She pretty much sleeps through the night (10ish-5ish), will fall asleep in just a couple of minutes if I snuggle with her and is starting to smile so much!

When we were at Red Robin tonight a lady at a near by table stopped to talk to me as she was getting up to leave. She commented on how well behaved our kids were. This always makes me happy. This is not the first time sometime has said they were well behaved at a restaurant. Of course this is not always the case. There have been plenty of times where someone is screaming and we wonder why we even bothered leaving the house. But tonight her comment made me smile and think, yea my kids are pretty great. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: