Sunday, December 30, 2012

3 years old

On Johnny D's birthday we had a lot planned! Daniel only worked a half day. When he got home we went to Addie's parent-teacher conference then we were off the the movies! We saw Wreck it Ralph. I thought it was really cute, the kids were scared. They are not fans of the loud theater sound. Johnny spent the whole time on Daniel's lap and Dia took a short nap!
After the movie we headed over to our favorite birthday restaurant, Red Robin! Sorry, no pictures. We didn't take the camera. :(
We had church activities that night so we let Johnny open his remaining gifts earlier in the day.

This is the best 'smile' face I can get from this kid.


Addie insisted on getting him a present. We stood forever in the aisles of Fred Meyer's toy section looking for the perfect gift. I suggested several things that I thought he would love (and were in my price range!) but she dismissed all of them. In the end she picked a bath toy that you can send your cars down.



Our big present for him this year was a skateboard! I know, what are we thinking?!?! He was sooo excited! I'm glad we have insurance!

He had to test it out right away (only on the kitchen floor of course!).

I love this picture. He looks so sweet. Maybe on the days when he is driving me crazy and destroying everything I should look at this and be reminded that there is sweetness in there.:)
 
We had a great day celebrating, can't believe he is 3! Happy birthday little man!



No comments: