Sunday, December 30, 2012

Turkey Trot

Thanksgiving morning my friend and I ran the Tacoma Turkey Trot. It was fun. And cold. I trained for 6 weeks, she didn't train at all. She finished 2 minutes after me. Not fair. I don't know exactly what my time was because there was some miscommunication about when the race was supposed to start. There was still a long line of people waiting to use the port a potties before it started so they decided to post pone the start 10 minutes. That's what they announced to us. Apparently the person holding the little gun thing that signals it has started didn't get the memo because about 30 seconds after the announcement the clock started! I think I finished in about 35 minutes. Not bad, not great. There were more hills than I thought and my music wasn't working on my phone. I can't run without music!
 
Daniel got the kids up and ready to watch me cross the finish line. I was pretty impressed because it was early (for us!) and it takes a lot of work to get everyone packed up and dressed warm to go to something like this. He said he was there for only about 5 minutes before I ran by!
 
Right before the race I saw Addie's teacher, Mrs. Cottle, with her family. At one point I passed her two daughters as one was saying how much she didn't care about running! Ha! Now Mrs. Cottle and I have something to talk about and I think I scored some points with her! (The beginning of the school year was rough and I don't know if she liked me much!).
 
Waving to my kiddos!

After the race in my huge free shirt!


 
I guess Daniel told them if they were good they could have a 'treat' in the car. Pop Tarts on the way home!

No comments: