Tuesday, July 7, 2015

April Travels Part 2

Our second trip in April was to Chelan, WA. Daniel was going for a work conference so I decided I needed to tag a long! Our original plan was to go just us to since we didn't do anything big for our anniversary and we weren't going to Cancun for my friend's wedding. Opal had her own plans and just wasn't ready to let me go overnight. She still wasn't sleeping through the night consistently and we didn't want to leave her with anyone. 

We stayed at Campbell's Resort. We have stayed there a few times and I really like it. It is right on the water so every room has an awesome view and they have pools, hot tubs and a beach area! We got up early each day and we went to (a free) breakfast with Daniel. The conference gave them breakfast and lunch each day and a BBQ dinner one night! It was such an inexpensive trip for me to tag along! We did manage to sneak out to the hot tub (that was right outside our room) one night. Gotta love cell phones and their ability to turn in to baby moniters. :)

We were able to go out on a few walks while Daniel was busy and explore! She wasn't too sure about the samd!

She did love watching the ducks! We may or may not have fed them a few crackers. :)

This was the view one evening from our balcony! Such a relaxing place to be. I do like it better in the summer thought. For some reaosn I was thinking since we were going to Eastern Washington that it would be warm. Not the case in April. I didn't pack enough warm clothes for Opal and I. We were in sweatshirts and pants the whole time!

The second afternoon during their 'snack' break between speakers, they had a huge ice cream sundea bar! Daniel woke me up from my nap to bring me this! Soo yummy!

On our way in to Chelan I noticed a sign for a zipline. I really wanted to check it out when we left. Friday morning we checked out from the hotel and headed out. I called first to make sure the ziplines were open and luckily they were not busy and they had 2 guys working right then so we drove over to check it out! We were going to go 1 at a time becuase we had the baby but one of the employess mom happened to be there and she said she would watch her so we could both go! I was a little nervous because Opal doesn't do well with people and I didn't know this lady at all. I could see them the whole time we were out on the lines and Opal did great!

The zipline was built on a huge piece of land. The beginning of our 'tour' started at this rock ledge. You can see all the way down the river. It was so pretty! Then we continued higher up the hill until we reached the first zipline. There were 3 total. The first one was pretty easy, not too crazy. The second was a little longer/steeper. The third was the big one! It was about 120 feet up and they said you get going close to 60mph! I didn't get nervous until I stood up on the little platform and the wind was blowing. I was brave though and went off backwards! The tour guy told Daniel I got my money's worth by doing it that way! I wish I had gotten viedo of Daniel going down it!

It was a quick, fun trip! I am still looking forward to going somewhere with no kids!! Some day.


No comments: