Tuesday, July 7, 2015

April Wrap up

April was another busy month for us! Lots of fun things to do and the weather started warming up a little bit!

Family bingo night at the Parks and Rec. We didn't win any games but we did win a raffle prize. We won admission for the family to our favorite children's museum. We are pretty excited about that! We also won a book about Puyallup or local art or something, I don't really remember. We traded it with the family at our table that had won some little kid toys and games. Her kids were teenagers. :)
***

We have been working hard on reading and writing with this guy. Trying to find a comfortable pencil grip for him. I am so amazed at his drive and desire to read and spell!!
***

This girl is such a sneak! We often leave the pantry door open and she ALWAYS goes in there, climbs on the step stool and helps herself to snacks. Can't blame her for loving those snacks!
***

We were able to attend the Spring fair in Puyallup. We sure do love that place. The 2 older kids were both tall enough to go on the huge Ferris wheel this year. I happily took them while Daniel stayed on the ground with the 2 littles!

Fair donut holes! Yumm.
***

In this house we are all about Groupon and Amazon local. If we go somewhere fun or try out a new place to eat it's most likely because we got a deal from one of those places. One Saturday morning we ventured to Epic donuts. Not only were these things fancy but they were HUGE! I think Johnny picked the biggest one there! They were all pretty tasty and didn't disappoint.
***
Opal is the worst teether. She takes it pretty hard and I feel so bad for her. Not only is she cranky but she also has the yuckiest diapers and she throws up! Not cool. So we have been doing lots of snuggling and lots of laundry around here!


***

There is a trail not far from our house called the Orting Trail. It is pretty popular for walking/running and biking on. I like it because it is flat. It's the perfect place to take the family for a jog/bike ride. We tried to get out one day and ride bikes and it was all fun until I wanted to take a picture. Then people got cranky. I think we ended up going about 3 miles. Poor Daniel got to jog while pushing the two little ones in the heavy jogging stroller. One day I will buy a bike trailer to put them in and we can all ride!

***

We added 2 new additions to our family in April! Meet Frank (the green one) and Lily (the blue one). We really want a dog but figure this is just not the right time for us and Daniel said absolutely no more cats so we settled on some birds. They are not as outgoing as I was hoping for. They actually freak out every time we go near their cage. But they are fun to look at and I do like the quiet chirping all day. They are not too loud which I am happy about. The only time it kind of bothers me is when (on a rare occasion) I am trying to take a nap. I need it to be quiet. :)
***

We got Johnny's room all painted and moved him in! I need a few more decorations up then I can post the final pictures!!
***


I love it when these 2 get a long and play nicely!
***
 Another Groupon deal we purchased was a field trip to Auntie Anne's Pretzel. We got a little history lesson on where pretzels came from and how they are made. Then the kids got to try it out. They twisted and rolled the dough in to pretzels! After that they each got to eat one (made by an Auntie Anne's employee) and sip on lemonade. They had a blast!




My other kids were there too, I can't seem to find all the other pictures!!
***



No comments: