Thursday, October 6, 2016

Adopting Enzo

The kids really wanted a dog (all kids do right?!). Daniel and I started tossing the idea around but were still unsure if we really wanted a dog. I did not want the responsibility of a puppy but I also wanted a dog young enough that it could still be trained and acclimated to our family. One Saturday we stopped at the Humane Society 'just to look'. Haha. Bad idea! We saw Enzo there and he was so cute! He is a 3 yo. boxer mix. We left and had lunch to talk/ think it over. The kids promised us that they were going to help and we were all pretty excited about it. So, we brought him home!

This was our first night in the house.

That face.



This breed is very muscular and athletic. He made a fantastic running partner!

I especially liked that I could take him running with me at night for that added sense of safety.




I loved that I didn't have to tether him to anything, he would always stick close by me. 


He fit right in with everyone. Except Opal. Unfortunately she scared him and made him very nervous. I spent a lot of time trying to keep them apart. He would run away and get really anxious.

After a lot of thought, and many tears later, we decided that he was not the right fit for our family. We were all really sad to see him go, it was a hard day. Parenting is tough sometimes when you have to be the one to make the tough calls. 

Right before we left to take him back to the shelter. 

His listing didn't stay on the website very long so I am hopeful that someone else adopted him really fast!


No comments: