Monday, October 17, 2016

Bella

After the devastation of returning Enzo passed, Daniel and I talked about getting another dog. I really didn't want a puppy because of the work involved. But we thought it might be our best option because then we would know what we were getting as far as temperament. So we took the plunge and got Bella, an 8 week old Great Dane puppy!





Everyone loved her! 



Surprisingly, I think Bella liked Opal the most. She was the most tolerant of her touching and laying on her. They were good buddies









As cute as she was, she was hyper. And sassy. And with 4 kids in the house (and 1 on the way) I didn't need any more sass in my life. She was also very easily excited. Like every time the kids walked by her she would jump on them. The poor neighbor kids were terrified to come anywhere near her. So, per the in home dog trainer's advice, we had to limit her to certain areas. Basically she was tethered to a leash almost all the time. 

We took her on walks, continued with her training but the sass was killing me. We finally decided that she was just not right for us. We had her for 4 months and a lot of her behaviors should have been getting better but they weren't. So, sadly we took her back to the breeder. The kids were not nearly as sad as I thought they would be. I think they were all in agreement that Bella was more of a nuisance than she was fun. 

The day we took her back. She was so big! But had so much more to grow!



We are once again pet less except for our chickens. (we gave away our parakeets a few months ago) As mush as I like pets, I think maybe we are just not supposed to have any right now!  


No comments: