Wednesday, May 27, 2009

How can I stay mad?

This morning was awful! I slept in a little bit and Addie woke up early so I did not have time to shower and get ready before she woke up. If I don't get my 'quiet' time in the morning I am half as patient as usual. Because she woke up early she was grumpier than usual. We managed to make it out the door to the grocery store where she whined the whole time. She threw a fit when her cookie was gone and kept trying to climb out of the cart. On the way home she smashed her crackers into tiny pieces and crumbs after I specifically asked her about 10 times to keep the crackers IN the bowl. When we got home she went straight to time out (for dumping out the crackers) where I had to stand there for the 2 minutes because she wouldn't stay. While I was trying to get lunch started I saw her starting to pull things out of one of the grocery bags I had placed on the floor. I was just about to ask her to put them back and leave it alone when I realized what she was doing. She was trying to help me put the food away! She pulled a box of cereal out of the bag, opened the cereal cabinet, put the box in and closed the door. She then pulled out cans of soup, a couple boxes and some soy sauce and placed them one by one on the counter, which she has to stand on her tip toes and stretch up to reach. It's moments like this when I feel guilty for getting upset with her or yelling at her moments before. There have been many times recently when she will be the biggest pill and minutes later she is being so cute and funny that I can't help but laugh. How can you stay upset with someone so cute?

On a different note, this is my 100th post!! Yea for blogging!! I had intended to blog about something a little more exciting, like our Memorial Day weekend fun but I will get to that when I have more energy.

No comments: