Sunday, June 14, 2009

Our baby is 2!!!

We celebrated Addie's 2nd birthday on Saturday. I can't believe she is already 2 years old!! Lately she has really been acting like a 2 year old though...fun times to come I am sure! We had a few people over to help celebrate. She was sooo wired after the whole day she didn't end up falling asleep until a little after 10 last night. She seemed to really have a good time though. Thanks to everyone who came and those people who helped me with the cake and decorations!

She 'helped' me bake the cake so it was only fair to let her enjoy one of the beaters from the bowl.


Saturday morning we noticed that the plant in front of our porch (we were starting to wonder if it was just a weed) had a single flower on it, just for Addie. I think it's a fantastic color for a flower! There are going to be more hopefully in the next few days. :)

Her butterfly cake that I actually baked and it tasted pretty good! I did not do the decorating though...thanks Colleen!


Happy Birthday banner that took me hours. I decided to laminate it so that it could be used again.

I made little place mats for all of the kids.

Opening presents was a fun experience this year. She opened one, looked at it, threw it aside and grabbed another one. Typical. We did get some pictures where she actually looks excited about what she opened.

This picture just made me laugh. We are in the middle of opening gifts. I am not sure what is going on. Jack is playing with the opened gifts, Brooklyn is on my lap and Addie is using her climbing skills to get ON the table.

Maybe she really just wanted to get to this one.

After the party we went out to Red Robin with some friends. We chose this place because I knew they would sing and give her free ice cream.


The sugar was getting to her.


And just a few videos...



Happy Birthday at Red Robin.



This is after presents, cake and ice cream. At one point 3 of them were doing this and the inevitable happened. The 2 boys collided and I think that ended it.




3 comments:

Travis and Ashlee said...

Looks like lots of fun!

Melissa Brown said...

Happy Birthday Addie! I love that banner Jenna. I think I will make one for Carter's birthday.

Kristi said...

Thanks for inviting us! It was fun to see you guys!