Sunday, August 2, 2009

New Record!

I know it's not great to read people's blog posts with the details of how they are potty training their kids so I will try to make this short. I am just so excited for Addie and the progress she is already making at only 25 months old.


For her birthday we gave her this "How to Potty Train Your Monster" book. She loves reading it! We read it over and over and over when we first got it. I really tried to emphasize the page that talks about getting 'treats' when you use the potty. It had been awhile since she actually did anything on her potty although she sat on it all the time. We were being patient, she is still a little young. It seemed one day it all clicked and all of the sudden she was really excited to use it. She started going once a day before or right after her bath (which is before bed). Then she started going twice a day everyday, sometimes more. Yesterday it was 5 times! I was very proud of her. Today at church while changing her diaper I asked if she needed to go and she said yes. Usually the 'big' potties scare her but she used it! We've been giving her gummy bears, marshmallows or chocolate chips for her 'treats' ( only a few). I am going to have to think of something that is not so sugary if she is going to be getting so many treats! I guess maybe it's time for some pull-ups? I don't really know how this works and I am not sure if I am ready to deal with the "mommy I have to go" every time we go somewhere. But I figure it's better to do it now while I have to go all the time anyway right?

2 comments:

Clay and Katy said...

yay addie!!! way to be a big girl!! and i like your new pregnancy counter :)

Travis and Ashlee said...

thats great! and yes the I want to try every potty stinks! I jsut tell my daughter no you can wait, she wants to go everytime she sees one!! But at least I don't have to change her diaper anymore!!