Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Projects # 1 and 5 - DONE!

Project #1 is Addie's birth album. I've had all the pictures in there for awhile but needed to finish putting small captions by all of them. It's only been 2 years...better late than never right?
Project #5 on my list is this neat car seat cover. We didn't really have to worry about covering Addie because she was born in June but this baby is going to be born just as the weather is getting pretty cold and it's rainy outside so I thought this would be great. I found the tutorial here. I love this print! I almost decided not to do the car seat thing and just make a blanket instead. We are having a debate about whether or not it is too feminine. I think its can be used for a boy, although it does have peach/salmon on it. Daniel thinks it's just girly. If we do have a boy, he won't know what's girly or boyish.



I wasn't a fan of the corners laying all over the floor so I cut them off and made the cover an odd shape (not rectangular).

I also made Addie some more leggings. Jo-Ann has some really cute Halloween knee high socks right now. This was the best picture I could get of her. Later this same day Daniel had to take her with him to the store and she wore that outfit, tutu and all. He said they got some weird looks! She is learning to express herself and her personality.

1 comment:

Clay and Katy said...

oh very cute...i really wanted to make a carseat cover but it is obviously too late for that! i like the fabric :). and the leggings are darling...you have been working hard!!