Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dying Easter Eggs and more

We didn't do a lot this year as far as Easter crafts or egg hunts but we did manage to find time to dye eggs. We did this every year when I was a child and I'm pretty sure I've made Daniel do it every year since we've been married. I will say I wasn't feeling very creative this year and I just let the kids do whatever they wanted (which resulted in a bunch a plain colored eggs). We didn't even do any of those shrink wrap things that come with the dye.
I'm making the dye. Yes I know, I look huge (not just in my belly!). I feel that way too!


I saw this idea to use a beater for young children. It would have worked great if the cups we were using were deeper. It only covered half the egg at a time.


She was doing a tri colored egg all on her own.

Obviously excited with the outcome!

I don't think we got a photo of the finished products, this is the best we have. :)
****
Now for some random photos. Picasa has some fun new photo editing tools. I finally got around to playing with some of them.




***
Have I mentioned we are potty training? Johnny D has been in underwear for about 2 weeks now with minimal accidents. I won't go in to too much detail, but we are still having issues with him wanting to go "big poops" as his sister calls it, in the toilet. Other than that he's doing great! We go shopping, to playgroup and even to church with him in underwear. I've decided pull ups don't work with him, he treats them just like diapers. For now, he only wears diapers when he is sleeping. Here's hoping to having him out of diapers before the baby comes!

Showing off his cool underwear.

And his muscles. :)

1 comment:

Mikki and Greg said...

That will be such a relief to be down to only one kid in diapers. Hope he keeps doing well. How could he not when he has such cool undies to wear!