Thursday, April 4, 2013

California Trip- Day 3 (Lego Land)

We purchased 2 day hopper tickets when we went to the aquarium hoping that Johnny would be doing better by the next day to enjoy Lego Land. Well, it was a long night. He was up a lot of the night, running to the bathroom. Whenever he would get up, it would wake me up then Dia would wake up too. This is how it was for.the.whole.trip. The hotel we were at was nice because it was 2 rooms. The kids were on a pull out bed in the living room and we were in the bedroom with Dia. When we have lots of money, we will get 2 adjoining hotel rooms. Every where we go. Anyway, we got everyone up early to go to Lego Land even though Johnny still wasn't feeling well. The tickets were expensive and this was really the only day of the trip that we could go! We figured if we had to, one of us could go back to the hotel room with him.

We started out a little later than we had planned. The park was open from 10-5. You could easily spend 2 days there, we only had about 6 hours. 


About 5 minutes after we got in to the park, while Daniel and Addie were waiting in line for their first ride, it started raining. Not sprinkling, but pouring rain! I went to find cover and wait for it to stop. Luckily it didn't last that long but they did end up shutting down a lot of the rides for about 30 minutes! I found some shelter under the canopy of a small gift shop where the ponchos were selling like crazy. People were frantic to get them. It was almost comical! Eventually they sold out and we ended up buying a $15 child size umbrella. Poor Dia was all wet and of course I wasn't wearing a water proof jacket! (We did end up finding more ponchos at another store for $5 each. We didn't have to use them because it didn't rain again! Argh.) I don't know if the weather scared people away that day or what, but the park was pretty empty. We didn't have to wait more than 5-10 minutes for any of the rides.

Once the rides re-opened we had a great time! I think Addie was the perfect age. She was tall enough to go on most of the rides (with the exception of the few more adult rides). She loved it! Since Johnny just wanted to stay in the stroller, Daniel and I took turns going on the rides with her.

These 2 napped.

I don't know when Addie started 'posing' for pictures, but it's pretty funny!

During the down pour, I got all wet. I was wishing I had long hair so that I could just pull it up! This is a horrible picture of me but my baby girl is cute!

We skipped some of the parts of the park that I thought Johnny would really like. I was hoping at some point during the day he would want to get out and look around. We kept telling him there was a Star Wars section as well as Pirates. After we went on a bunch of rides with Addie, we stopped at a place for lunch. It was right by the Star Wars characters and that finally got him excited!



I don't know too much about the movies (it's been awhile since I've seen any of them!) but these were pretty cool. All of the displays were very detailed.





After the Star Wars people we looked at more displays. They had the NY skyline, Washington DC and of course Las Vegas!


It's hard to see in the picture, but the little marching band people in front of the White House really marched back and forth while music played!


The Las Vegas Strip had a volcano that erupted at the Mirage, moving rides on the Stratosphere and a couple walking out of the wedding chapel!

All over Lego Land there are little stations set up that have Lego's out in bins. I think it's so the parents can sit down and rest for a minute while their kids play! Inside one of the buildings we tested out the Kinect and the kids (Daniel) got to build their own Lego car and race it!




 Did I mention that these people are built entirely out of Legos? Crazy!

Johnny did get to go on a few rides. So we were all happy!

This girl cracks me up. We went on this ride that is like a kids size Big Shot. She was laughing the whole time! That's my kid. :)

The kids and I tried to race down these big slides. It had just started sprinkling so the mats we were on didn't slide very well! At one point Johnny got stuck so I grabbed him so he wouldn't be up there by himself. There's a video at the end of this post!


Some of the rides had age restrictions. This horse one you had to be 4. I tried to take both kids up there but when the attendant asked Johnny how old he was he replied "3" and she said sorry. He was pretty bummed. I know they have rules but really?? He totally would have been fine on this one and no one else was on it! So while Addie rode her horse he and I went off to find something fun. We found a knight and some Legos to distract him!



As the park was getting closer to closing we tried to squeeze in a few last rides. The kids really wanted to go on this water ride. I was thought, really?? It was not warm and we were getting ready to leave, I didn't want to get all wet! There are sprayers all around for people who are standing by watching to squirt you with. Luckily we were the only people around (and the only ones on the ride!) and Daniel was nice and didn't squirt us! We were prepared with our $5 ponchos though just in case!


By this point Johnny thought he was feeling pretty good. He insisted on going on this boat ride with Addie and me. It's the ride that swings back and forth and makes your stomach feel weird. I was very concerned with how he would do knowing that he had thrown up less than 24 hours earlier. I picked a seat in the middle of the boat figuring that would be the place to feel the motion the least. When we got on the man in front of us looked at Addie and asked if she was going to do ok. I laughed, pointed at Johnny and said he was the one I was worried about. Then the man made some joke about how the pole in between him and Johnny would block anything if Johnny did loose it. When the ride started Johnny freaked out a little bit. I had to keep telling him to breath because he was holding his breath. I thought for sure he was going to start screaming. You can see in the picture that the man thought it was pretty funny.


While Daniel was on a ride with the other 2 kids, I gave Dia some much needed attention!





The last ride they went on!


One last photo op before getting in the car!

After we left Lego Land we stopped at a small Mexican place to have dinner. We were all so tired! Johnny was acting a little better but still tired and not eating. Addie said she didn't want to eat and that her stomach hurt. We didn't really think anything of it, honestly I was a little annoyed that we had paid for a meal for her and she hardly touched it! The fact that she didn't want to eat (she is our good eater!) should have been a red flag. We put two and two together the first time she threw up. All over Johnny. In the hotel bed. At 2 in the morning. Ahhh. Good times. After calling the front desk to get more bedding, cleaning both kids up and changing the sheets, we settled back in for another long night. At least she got to enjoy Lego Land before she fell prey to the yucky virus!

Addie and Johnny's bed. :)


No comments: