Sunday, April 28, 2013

Easter

Addie was super excited for Easter morning because she knows there will be 'stuff' in her basket. We went minimalist this year. A couple pieces of candy, a toy and a book. I was feeling kind of holidayed out. I know that isn't a word but you get the idea. We kept it simple, focusing much more on the real meaning of Easter and not so much about the baskets. 

They opened their baskets as soon as they got up then we all went to church. After church (and lunch) I hid the eggs in the living room for them to find. They know that I hide the eggs, not the Easter Bunny. I even hinted this year that I buy the stuff for their baskets also but I think Addie still kind of thinks there is a bunny. Maybe I am not being a fun mom but it gets exhausting pretending this imaginary creature comes and fills the basket. It's also hard answering all of their creative questions about how the bunny gets in the house and how does he know who's basket belongs to who. I let it go this year, we'll see what happens next year!



(not sure why I didn't get any pictures of Addie in the morning!)
***
After church we went outside and had a friend take some family photos for us. I try to get these taken on Christmas and Easter. That's it, not a lot to ask for! My kids did not want to cooperate!


Diadora and her Daddy. I thought I would throw in one of Addie and Daniel too just for fun!



***
When we got home I tortured the kids with more pictures!
















A side by side of my girlies on their first Easter!

No comments: