Thursday, April 4, 2013

California Trip- Day 4/5 (Dustin and Maygen's Wedding)

Friday morning we packed up to head up to Lake Arrowhead for my brother's wedding. The kids were so sick, we all just wanted to go home! The whole reason for this trip was to go to the wedding so I was a little excited that it was finally almost wedding day!

This little girl turned 8 months while we were there!

Sick child #1

Sick child #2

After we left the hotel, we got 5 minutes into our hour and a half drive and Johnny threw up in the car! I must have been too tired to cry at this point because I really did feel like loosing it! We stopped at a grocery store to stop up on towels, zip lock bags for the kids to hold and more pull ups (have I mentioned that this virus causes things to come out both ends? This is not good for a very lethargic, recently potty trained boy.). Daniel cleaned Johnny up and we got on the road again in our car that now smelled like vomit!

We made it most of the way up the mountain without chains but there were signs that said they were required because of the snow. Driving in the snow makes me so nervous since I did a 180 on the highway a year and half ago! We probably could have made it all the way (my sister did!) without stopping but we did, just to be safe. Gotta love a man that knows how to do things like this!

Friday night, as soon as we got there, we went to the rehearsal dinner. We didn't end up staying very long because the kids wanted to go to bed. While we were there, my brother announced that they are going to have a baby! More cousins!

This was the view from our hotel room Saturday morning!

Siblings! Me, Dustin, Nicole and Melanie.

The wedding ceremony was outside. It was soo cold! The area was pretty though, very woodsy with snow!

It was too bright for my little Washington family!

Nic and Blake. They need to just have a baby of their own already! :) (Just kidding Nicole!)


My dad and Maygen's mom.

My mom and brother.

Waiting for the ceremony to start.

Mel and her son Eric.

Bridesmaids. The 2 flower girls are Maygen's twin 6 year girls!


Maygen and her Dad.





We all went back to the hotel for pictures after the ceremony. The kids were spent after that and Daniel stayed in the room with them for the rest of the night. I went to the reception without them (I did have them box up Daniel's dinner so that he could at least have his steak!). Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures there because I had Dia and didn't think to take my camera! 

No comments: