Sunday, May 19, 2013

Fire Damage

It's been almost 3 weeks since the 'incident' and I have been meaning to blog about it but there is never enough time in the day! So here it is. Some of these pictures are a little embarrassing because you can see just how much stuff we had crammed out there. In the 2 weeks or so before the fire I had been working on organizing a lot of it. There was a corner for my craft stuff, I set up an area where the kids could play and everything else went in the music room! I had just started to unpack books on to a bookshelf in there when this happened. When the guys bring all of our stuff back, I get to start all over again unpacking! Ugh.

This is where the fire was.

The ceiling was so black!!


Daniel had all of his tools and pieces of trim for projects in there.

Someone told us that when the smoke comes in it creates these little spider web type things on the ceilings. We thought we just had a lot of webs that we never noticed before!

The kids play area.

This was my craft corner. I am still nervous about what is going to come back and what they are going to label as 'non-salvageable'. Years of collecting paper, fabric, tools, ribbon, etc.. I hope most of it comes back ok because it will be hard to justify going out and buying all new stuff.

This is the music room. Most of the boxes in here were not going to get unpacked until we had the upstairs done. In here were toys, craft room stuff, furniture, Daniel's drum set, my violin, books, etc. Everything covered in black.

When the firemen came in, they came through this other door for some reason. They came barging in even though we had things up against the door. (We never used this door, it went out to the shed).

What was left of our chick pen, melted heat lamp included.

My brother in law's compressor. The most expensive item (and really the only thing out side of the chicken pen) that was damaged by the actual fire. Sorry Ben!

The kids were so excited when we found 5 of the chicks! We had to go out and play with them a bit!

I think I am going to blog the progress of the remodel on our house blog, http://welcometoourmoneypit.blogspot.com/. Check there for updates!


1 comment:

Mind Bowl said...

Fire damage is really serious problem and should not be taken lightly. I'm waiting for your house redesign. As expected fire disaster will really cause a lot of damage the same with water disaster.