Sunday, May 12, 2013

Spring Fair

The Spring Fair came in April. Of course we couldn't miss it! The weather was a little questionable but we loaded up the kids (and jackets, umbrellas and hats) and headed over. As we were walking up to the ticket booth, a man asked us if we had tickets. At first we didn't know what to say because we were unsure if he was trying to buy some from us or what. Turns out he had 2 extra tickets that he wanted to give to us! The kids are still free, so we all got in for free! At the bottom of the tickets he gave us was a ride ticket stub. I took it to the ticket booth to buy tickets and the lady handed me 2 ride cards without asking me to pay. She asked if I wanted to buy more and I politely said no. I didn't actually read the stub that I handed her. I wasn't sure if it was a coupon or a ticket for free rides. So, we got in for free and the kids rode the rides for free!! (As we were walking around I found one of the ticket stubs on the ground. When I picked it up and read it, it was supposed to be a coupon for discounted rides! The lady that helped me must not have known what she was doing because I got them for free! I felt a little bad, but we had already used all the tickets!)
 
 
 

 This was the first time at the fair that neither Daniel or I had to go on any of the rides with them. I do love fair rides, but if I have to go with them, it uses one of their ride tickets and we are so cheap I don't want to buy extra! (I did go on the Carosel because parents ride that one for free).

Johnny decided he wanted to go on this swing ride with Addie. At first it was slow and low, then it picked up speed and started lifting up higher. I guess he freaked out a little bit and next thing we know Addie had her arm around him! She is such a great big sister!
 
I realize this picture is blurry but I wanted to include it. This was Daniel's favorite part of the fair. Dog jumping contest. It is actually fun to watch. The dog owners throw a toy across this pool and the dogs run and jump off a platform into the water to get it. They are judged on how far they jump!

Milking Mable.
 
This kid is really in to blowing me kisses lately!
 
And I won't forget this little girl. She ended up staying in the stroller the whole time, taking 2 naps!


No comments: