Saturday, June 22, 2013

Addie turned 6!

Last week Addie turned 6 years old! Wow, she is getting so big! She was really excited to still be in school for her birthday. In the morning I took her to get her nails and toes done per tradition. We took some doughnut holes to school for a treat for her class! After school we Skyped Grandma and Grandpa Pedersen so they could see her open her gifts from them then it was off the Red Robin! We really tried to convinced her to try Famous Dave's this year (they do free kids birthday dinner too!) but she wasn't going for it. Maybe I will go there for my birthday. After dinner we went over to the mall to spend the money Grandma and Grandpa Huckaby gave her. She picked out a new pair of cleats, Nike running shoes and an outfit! As usual, by the time we got home it was late and everyone needed to go to bed but we still had to open presents from us. So we bathed the kids then let her open them!





****
Last Saturday we had her birthday party. We decided on an outdoor game theme! She really would have rather had a pony, princess or ballet party but I don't know how or what you would do at those! Plus she invited boys and I really doubt they want to do girly stuff. :) I got on Pinterest and we found some fun games to do in the backyard. In the end, I think everyone had fun and she was happy we did it!



My decorations were lame this year. Part of the problem is that most of my craft stuff is still packed up in boxes. I couldn't even find her Happy Birthday banner. So we stuck with balloons.


Everyone enjoyed the pizza and everyone REALLY enjoyed the Tang!

It was a little bit windy that day so I couldn't get the candles to light on her doughnut! I think I finally got one of them right at the end of 'Happy Birthday' so that at least she would have one to blow out!

At the end I gave everyone a can of silly string. My kids had never done it before. Johnny freaked out! I really don't think he was expecting stuff to start flying all over the place! The other kids seemed to enjoy it!




The gang with their little bundles of silly string!


No comments: