Friday, January 3, 2014

Johnny D Turns 4!!

In November, Johnny turned 4 years old! He still seems so small to me but yet older than Addie was when she turned 4. Does that even make sense?! He was pretty stoked about his birthday. He knows all about birthdays and parties and how he wanted everything to happen.

We started out the morning with waffles. He wanted to have strawberries and whipped cream for his special treat. Addie really wanted to add the candle!

He had preschool on his birthday so he was the snack helper and brought home his cute crown. For dinner we headed over to our favorite birthday restaurant, Red Robin!

After dinner it was time to open presents!!


I'm pretty sure Dia was more excited about the bike than he was! He has seriously only been on it 2 or 3 times! He did make learning to ride with no training wheels one of his goals for the year though!

I think his favorite toy was this bow and arrow. I have to admit, it is pretty fun! We can shoot it at the glass on the front door because the arrows have little suction cups on the ends!


***
The Saturday after his birthday he had his Ninja Party! I am amazed at how much of an opinion my kids have about how their parties should be. I think at 4 he wouldn't care too much but he was super helpful with all of the planning.

Setting everything up. The ninjas and ninja stars were for everyone to take home! (Thank you You Tube for having videos on how to make the silly ninja stars!).

The kids LOVED playing with the sticky ninja guys. These are the ones you throw at the wall and they 'walk' down. Things got a little crazy and we had ninjas on the ceiling and the clock! Gotta love Dollar Store finds!


Even a ninja in Addie's hair!

 One of our games was to move like a ninja through a maze of tape. Our hallway isn't as long as it should be for a game like this but the kids had fun anyway!



Even Diadora gave it a try! :)


This is the best shot I got of the whole group!
Johnny. Paden. Brody. Piers. Damsel. Addie. Jack. John.

When we were picking out cupcakes, he insisted on getting these ones that had rings in the frosting. They were character rings (nothing to do with ninjas!). When I got the cupcakes out we had some arguing over who got which one. I'm pretty sure someone was upset about what they got but I didn't know what to do when they all started saying "I want this one! I want that one!". You can't make everyone happy, right?!

***
 These next few pictures are just random.
I just love her face.

And a rare smile for the camera!

The kids did a Pumpkin Surgery activity. We had to carve out the pumpkin and count the seeds. Of course we had to bake them too! Yum! They each put their hand inside the pumpkin once I think then they were done! Too gooey for them.





No comments: