Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Miscellaneous July 2016


I love that she is learning to do her own hair! This day she wanted help to do a side ponytail.

Opal just might have a hard time when the baby arrives. She is still my little snuggler and I have to say I love it!


 
Addie's big birthday present was her loft bed! We finally got it all set up and she took over organizing her stuff. 

Happy 4th of July!

We did our first triathlon in July! We trained hard for months. For me this meant lots of early mornings swimming at the Y or the 5:15am spin class. When our wet suits arrived we took them for a couple of practice swims at the lake. The kids loved it although without my wetsuit it would have been way too cold for me!





I am proud of both us for finishing within our goals! We were not last and I was pretty pleased with my times. I know I could have shaved some time off if I had moved faster during the transitions but overall it was a good first experience! I am not a fan of swimming in the open water so the swim was tough. I was glad it was first and I got it over with. There were a few other swimmers hanging out in the back of the group that seemed to have the same anxiety about the water so I didn't feel so alone. 




First race with baby #5 on board! I was 9 weeks and worked really hard so that I didn't feel like the pregnancy was an excuse to move slower than I knew I could. 

Happy 7/11 free Slurpee day!

So nice when the kids get bigger and can read to each other!


Some of the Pedersen cousins were here in the summer. We got to hang out with them for a couple of days. Concert in the park and lots of playing!

Addie has become quite the little swimmer. When she was younger
  the water freaked her out. We could not get her to put her face in and she hugged the wall all the time. I didn't push it with lessons, we just let her figure it out. Since we joined the Y she has taken a couple sessions of lessons and is getting really good! She even passed off the test to be able to swim in the pool without an adult (she had to swim a lap freestyle and then back doing the backstroke in the deep pool!)! I don't really love the idea of her being in there without me but it has given her such confidence. 

The mask...


Her birthday pedicure got postponed a bit this year. By about a month. Better late than never!


These were my absolute favorite craving in the beginning of the pregnancy. I wanted anything spicy and salty. Too bad really crazy heartburn kicked in and now I can't eat anything with lots of flavor!

Daniel's college roommate and his family came to Seattle and we were able to see them! We went out to lunch then let the kiddos run around a really fun park. 


Of course it wouldn't be July without lots of backyard playing and swimming.




The Mariners have an LDS night so we bought some tickets and went as a family. The seats were way up high (the second to last row!) but the soda and snacks taste just as good no matter where you sit!




You never know what you are going to find in random places when you have kids. :)

We found a fun little hike to do with friends. It went to an old coal mine and a small cemetery where most of the head stones went back to the 1800's. It started raining towards the end so everyone got wet and cranky but we had fun!

My curly haired girl. Love her hair!

Already starting to show at 9 weeks!

No comments: