Tuesday, January 17, 2017

September 2016

I took Addie and Johnny on a hike on the John Wayne Trail. Most of the hike is through the Snoqualmie Tunnel which is an abandoned railroad. The tunnel is 2.3 miles of near pitch blackness. We all had our flashlights and head lamps on. Once out of the tunnel we stopped and ate lunch then walked the 2.3 miles back the other way! I wasn't sure if the kids were going to be okay with the dark but they powered through! Addie was a little anxious at the beginning and I think if I asked her if she wanted to go again she would probably say no. :)

I finally finished touching up some wall art around the house. The family photo wall is downstairs and I added the clocks and pillows to the playroom. 

The difference between a neat and organized girl and a messy boy's room!
***

 We started the school year at the beginning of September. Some of our curriculum is new this year and some we kept the same from last year. I designed it to be very independent knowing that come February I would not be able to help them as much. I am actually really happy with how the year is going and I think they are enjoying it as well. Less tears and fighting with me for sure!





***


Being grumpy!

During the day our neighborhood is pretty quiet. A lot of people are away at work and school. We always seem to make so much noise when we head out on walks with scooters and bikes!

I have a love/hate relationship with electronics. The kids want to be on them all the time and that drives me crazy! But when I need it quiet so I can take a nap they are my best friend. :)

For the first half of the school year (Sept-Dec) the 3 older kids were in a home school PE class. It was only once a week. Dia and Johnny were in the same 30 minute class and Addie was in the next older class that was 45 minutes. It was a bit of a struggle keeping Opal entertained the whole time and we had some meltdown moments but I think the kids had fun! Johnny wished he was in the older class because they did more fun things. Poor kid can't wait to be 8 for so many different reasons! At the end of the semester we all decided it will be easier if we just do some classes at the YMCA for now and not enroll again in PE.


Baby number 5 cooking along. Left = 19 weeks. Right = 20 weeks

Another September item for the scavenger hunt group was to throw someone a surprise 'unbirthday' party. We baked a cake, hung decorations and yelled "Surprise!" when Daniel came home. Any excuse for cake if good for me!

There was a cute little kitten wondering around our neighborhood for a couple of weeks. She was extremely friendly and no one knew who she belonged to. I would have taken her in but it was clear she belonged to someone and Daniel said absolutely no cats. So we fed her a few times and let her nap on our couch. Finally someone on our street tracked down the owner and they came and got her.  :(





Lost another tooth!

Saturday at Discount Tire with dad.
***

 Fair time!!



***

I don't know what this picture was for but I thought it was a cute one. :)



No comments: