Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New Beginnings...

Now that we are almost settled in our new place, I feel like it is a chance to reorganize and in a way, start over. One positive thing about moving is that you have the opportunity to redecorate, reorganize and rearrange. At this point that is a little over whelming because I have lots of blank wall space staring at me and several windows screaming for some sort of window treatment. But that's the fun of moving.

As of yesterday, I am back on my high protein, low sugar diet. I haven't been feeling very great lately and I am positive it's because I haven't been eating well. It was great to splurge while you were here mom, but now it's back to the Francis diet! It's difficult to have an intolerance to wheat and sugar because those 2 ingredients are in just about everything! I don't exclude them but I try my best not to eat a lot. I will be keeping track of everything I eat as well as the grams of protein and sugar. It's easier to pass up that cookie when I see I am already over my 25 grams of sugar limit for the day! Hopefully I will be more energized, less tired and headache free soon!

Another thing we are starting tomorrow, Oct. 1, is a new budget. We have had one since we got married but it doesn't seem to be working for us anymore. So we revised it. We cut out most of our unnecessary expenses, I gave myself a 'craft' budget :( and I am cooking healthy, but inexpensive meals. Anyone have any ideas for good food? Wish us luck on sticking to this one!

I try not to write such boring posts, but this is what we have been up to lately. Oh, and we got my craft/sewing tables set up last night! Can't wait to get to work, so exciting.

1 comment:

Travis and Ashlee said...

Thats awesome that you guys stick to a budget. We try that all the time. We must be setting unrealistc goels for ourselves cus we never seem to be able to keep it!! And the healthy eating, such a great idea. I have been doing that lately and I have actually finally lost my baby weight. Keep up the good work!