Saturday, September 27, 2008

Seattle Underground Tour

My mom was here for about 10 days to help us pack/move/clean/unpack. We didn't get out to do very many fun things, one thing we did do was the Underground Tour in Seattle. I was a little nervous because it was a 90 minute tour and Addie would not be able to walk around. I wore her in my carrier the whole time and she did great. There were moments of whining, but they didn't kick us out!

The tour was full of interesting information. I don't think many people know that there is an 'underground' to Seattle. Much of the city burnt down years ago and so they rebuilt on top of it. We saw some cool things.

After that we had to go to the chocolate factory across the street. Addie was busy banging her hands on the glass cases holding the chocolates, I turned around for one minute then she was gone! The door was open and the street was super busy right outside. I frantically ran outside looking for her and this guy was pointing around the corner at her. I almost had a heart attack! Of course she thought it was pretty funny!

They had a baby room for us to hang out in for the first 20 minutes, she had a chance to get some of her energy out before she went in the carrier.

This used to be the first floor of one of the buildings. You can see what used to be the store front windows.

There were a few toilets down there that had these cool decorations on them. Kind of looks cool, but kind of weird that the inside is decorated too.

I think she is just about too big for me to be wearing her anymore!

No comments: