Monday, November 14, 2011

First Day of School 2011

Addie started her second year of preschool in August (more like pre-k). I saw this idea on Pinterest. You have your child write their name on the first day of school on a white/chalk board and take a picture of them holding it. That way you can see how your child changes through the years and their handwriting as well.



I also threw together a banner (very last minute) that hopefully I will use every year to display the picture I took of her that morning (with the sign).




Addie is in a different class this year than her friends. At first I thought there was a mistake and was kind of upset that they didn't honor our request to have the three of them together. Then the lady that runs the office explained to me why her teacher last year had suggested that she be separated from the 2 boys. I guess there were some issues of possession with the boys over her. The teachers thought she might do better and start to become more of her own person if she were away from them. The first day of school I was still very leery (honestly I am still wondering if it was the right choice to keep her in a separate class) but her new teacher says she is doing well. I'm not sure if she is making any new friends but I guess there is still time.


This to me is funny. When I had Johnny I made these tee-pees (called pee pee tee pees I think). I never really used them. Addie thinks they make fantastic party hats for her dolls! She even wears them herself sometimes. At least they are getting used. :)

No comments: