Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Addie's VIP Day and Daniel's 29th Birthday

Last week Addie had her VIP day at preschool. This is just a glorified show and tell basically. The VIP is allowed to have family, friends, cousins, whoever come to the first part of class to see what she does in the classroom and her show and tell. We did it on Daniel's birthday again this year. It was fun to see her at school and celebrate Daniel turning 29 on the same day! She was super excited. The night before she said to me, "Mom, I'm too excited to sleep!".
We made a poster all about her with a few photos.


First thing she did when we got there was write her name on the board and pick a letter that she wanted to do for the day. Surprise, she chose A!

This picture makes me laugh now. At the time it was a little stressful because Johnny D wanted to be up in front helping her with everything. The teachers were really nice and didn't mind him running around. She is handing out every ones name cards.
Using the giant pointer to show the letter A.

We had to get a picture of Addie and her Dad with the birthday hat on!

She really wanted to bring Sammie our cat for her show and tell. I convinced her that the cat might not like that. So she settled on our toy piano.
I have some cute videos but I can't figure out why they won't upload! After show and tell the class read books, worked on a whale picture then headed outside for a few minutes on the playground! Addie chose to stay outside for a little longer and just give her friends their snacks (popcorn and M&Ms) to go. It was so fun to see her in her classroom and see what she does everyday! Johnny did better than I was expecting and Daniel and I both got to stay the whole time even though it was during nap time.
******
After preschool we headed over to see our midwife. At 20 weeks everything is looking good! I'll post more about the baby later!
******
Our tradition is to eat at Red Robin for every one's birthday. So after we left the midwife we headed over to our favorite restaurant. I didn't get the camera out in time to video the servers singing to Daniel. I also failed to take any pictures of him opening his cards and gifts. :/ I did make him a banner though! Daniel and I celebrated his birthday by shopping and dessert on Friday night.

No comments: