Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Baby #3 so far...

Now that I finally have the blog up to date, I feel like I can post a little about this pregnancy.
This has definitely been the hardest of the 3 pregnancies so far. It could be that I am not 24 anymore or that my body is a bit worn down from already doing this twice or maybe because I am chasing 2 other little ones around. I still have it pretty good compared to a lot of women I know. I am blessed to have mild and pretty easy pregnancies!
***
Two of my biggest complaints at this point:
1. The varicose vein that appeared at the end of my last pregnancy made it's appearance early this time (maybe around 14 weeks?). I get to wear compression tights for the remaining 5 months of the pregnancy. Good thing we don't live somewhere where it actually gets warm outside before July!
2. For the past 6 weeks or so I have had on/off stabbing pains under my left ribs. I can't pin point what triggers it and the only thing that helps is to sit still. A pretty hard thing to do with the 2 other kids. Daniel has been so great and on the days that it's really hurting me, he sends me to lay down as soon as he gets home. He makes dinner and get the kids in bed. I am glad it's off and on, it usually only hurts 1 (sometimes 2) days a week. I am going in for an ultra sound tomorrow to make sure everything looks good.
***
Other than those 2 things, everything is going great! I feel so much bigger this time that I did with the last 2. I go to Zumba 2-3 times a week. It makes me feel good although I have gained more weight at this point than I did with the other 2. At 20 weeks I feel like my belly really looks like a baby bump. It could be because I gained 6 pounds between 16 and 20 weeks!! The baby much have grown a bunch! We thought about finding out the sex of the baby this time around but we've decided against it. This baby sure does move around a lot! Daniel has been able to feel it but every time I get Addie to put her hand on my belly the baby stops kicking. I am waiting to see Addie and Johnny's reaction the first time they get to feel it kick!
6 weeks

12 weeks

16 weeks

20 weeks

No comments: