Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Randomness

One night for our family night we talked about the Wise Man and the Foolish man. The kids were really in to which makes me happy. I love it when they have fun and they can remember what we talked about! I got the lesson idea here. We filled a plastic bin with sand and a big rock from outside. The website had little houses to cut out and use for the 2 men's houses.

They had fun pouring the water on and watching the house in the sand fall apart.

And they wanted to keep pouring...

And finally after a dozen pails full of water (and some hands in the muddy bin) this is what was left. I think Addie got the idea, Johnny just liked the mess. :)
*****
Addie likes to play anywhere that Johnny is not. She comes up with games and things to do upstairs all the time where he won't bother her. One day I found her on the stairs with her pillow, blanket and lots of books. Of course once I discovered that she was there little Johnny D wanted to join her. Our stairs are not the safest to play on but I let them do it as long as they were being calm and no one fell down.

****
My little guy is super destructive. I seriously cannot leave him alone for more than 2 minutes. The pictures below are just 1 example of messes I have to clean up every day. I am really going to be in trouble when this new baby comes along and I am distracted.

This was about 2 rolls of wrapping paper and an entire package of pulls ups dumped out and unrolled in less than 2 minutes. He is so quiet too, I usually don't know he's even in to anything until it's too late!

No comments: