Sunday, February 19, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

I stayed up late finishing Johnny D's Valentine's Day bag the night before. I made Addie's 2 years ago and I just haven't had the motivation to make his. I knew this year he would notice if he didn't have one like his sister so I finally sat down and started sewing! I also started one for the baby and hopefully that will be done soon so next year I will have 3 to pull out and no sewing to do!
The day before Valentine's Day, Addie asked me if she was going to get a balloon on the back of her chair. Sometimes her fantastic memory scares me. I've gotten her a balloon for the past 2 or 3 years, I guess by now she knows it's tradition.

I can't believe we bought this kid his first set of Lego's. What was I thinking?!? I've always said we will not be a Lego house. I don't want to have to deal with finding little pieces all over (especially with a baby on the way who will eventually be putting everything in his/her mouth). We were at a friend's house and Johnny sat and played with some of their Lego's for like 20 minutes so I thought let's try it! Anything to get this kid to sit still for more than 2 seconds. So far he loves them. At first I don't think he realized how easy it was to break apart the pieces. That was short lived. I am now having to put it back together several times a day for him. He tries though, so maybe he will learn quickly how to do it himself.

Addie's goodies. They always get a small toy, a book and a treat.

My attempt at heart shaped pancakes for breakfast. I think I only made the kids 1 heart each, the rest were normal pancake shape!

Addie's best friend Jack got to spend the morning with us. They played then had lunch before they went off to preschool. At school they handed out Valentine's and made french toast! She was so excited to come home and look through all of her cards and candy. The sweetest part is that she is always super willing to share with her brother. :)

For dessert we had strawberries and marshmallows dipped in melted chocolate. Sooo yummy. The kids were scraping their bowls trying to get every last bit of chocolate out. I'm not sure where they get that from...

Daniel and I got to have 2 dates the weekend before. Friday night was shopping and ice cream. Saturday night we went to see 'The Vow'. This was a treat for me because we usually save the chic flicks for red box and netflix and see the action movies in the theaters where there is good surround sound. Happy Love Day!

No comments: