Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Las Vegas 2012- Part 1

 On October 26, my little sister got marred in Las Vegas! We went down to Vegas on the 20th to spend some time with everyone before the wedding. I was happy to have Daniel there with us the whole time for a few reasons. One was so that I was not on the plane all alone with 3 small kids! It's also easier to get the kids to bed with both of us there (they tent to be a bit crazier when we are out of town!). Of course it was fun to just spend 10 days together as a family! The kids did really well of the plane. On the way there we had 2 full rows to ourselves so everyone could spread out. I spent most of the flight holding a sleeping baby and reading a book! On the way back the flight was full so I was with all 3 kids for most of the time. Johnny started to loose it at the end but I was happy with how they did!
 
First airplane ride!
 
When we first got there we stayed at Grandma and Grandpa Pedersen's house. The kids got to read lots of fun books!

Johnny really wants a skateboard for his birthday. He played on theirs every chance he got. He also fell on his face while doing it and had a nice little scratch on his chin!
***
One of the days we were there we decided it would be fun to take the kids somewhere tourist-y. Daniel's parents had some free admission tickets for the Shark Reef at one of the hotels on the strip. The kids loved it and kept asking to see more!




There was a tank with sting ray and other things that you could touch. Addie and Johnny were pretty happy just watching, neither one wanted to reach in there and touch one.

 

Thumbs up approval.

Of course at the end you had to walk through the gift shop in order to get out of the exhibit. Johnny found lots of things that he wanted to buy. We were trying to find the cheapest toys to let them have but he was insisting on a fishing pole. By this point Dia was tired of being in the baby carrier and I could tell that she needed her diaper changed. When I lifted her out of the carrier I could see her diaper was leaking. Of course I had forgotten to bring any extra diapers with us! We finally gave in to Johnny's request to buy the fishing pole and tried to start heading toward the car as fast as we could. .
We had to stop at a restroom so that one of the kids could go when I heard a splat on the floor. Aaah! Her diaper was oozing out everywhere! We didn't have time to walk around looking for a gift shop in the hotel that sold diapers. We found a family sitting down with a stroller parked near them. I finally got enough courage to go up to them and ask for a diaper. The lady was so nice she gave me 2! Oh, the joys of parenting.
After we got Dia all cleaned up we got in the car and drove down the strip to look at the hotels. Poor Johnny fell asleep shortly after we left the parking garage!
***
After a few days we went and stayed at my parents house. I had a few wedding projects that I needed to work on (that I of course forgot to take pictures of!). Addie and Johnny spent a lot of time outside.



Johnny was trying really hard to befriend my parents dog. He scared her when we first got there so after that she wasn't too sure. He kept telling me "Look mom, I am being nice". Maybe one day he will understand how to be calm around pets. :)


No comments: