Friday, February 14, 2014

Maternity Photos Baby #4

My wonderful photographer that we have been using since I was pregnant with Addie moved to New York. Sad, sad day for us. Luckily there are quite a few really good photographers in the area. We have had some great photo shoots with other people. This is the first maternity photo session though that we had to use someone else. As much as I wanted the same photographer for all of them, I think these came out really nice!
I wanted to do something different with this one. How many different ways can you take maternity photos, right?! We have already done an indoor shoot, outside at a barn and at the beach. Since this was a winter baby we figured the snow would be perfect!! 
Our photo shoot got pushed back a week because the photographer had somethings come up. This was fine with me because I was still not feeling well and was hoping in another week I would be better. Ha! That was a joke! I was still sick and so so so tired from being sick. Honestly, I was not looking forward to taking these pictures. I hate the cold and was just not excited about it. The morning we were supposed to go, the sun was out and it was a gorgeous day! As we were driving through the mountain we noticed there was no snow. None. At all. I was starting to get worried and probably being a little negative, even though I was really trying to stay positive. I was thinking why are we driving so far (we went about an hour away from home) if there is no snow?? We could have taken pictures anywhere by our house if we wanted no snow! But, just as we got to our exit...ta da!! Lots of snow!! It wasn't nice snow, the ski runs were not even open yet. But it was perfect for what we were doing!
Once we got everyone bundled up and we talked about what kind of pictures we wanted, we headed up a hill to find a good spot! The kids were troopers. At first. We don't own snow shoes for the kids. Just snow pants and jackets. We borrowed some shoes for Johnny (his rain boots had seen their last days) and the girls wore rain boots. About 20 minutes in to our 60 minute session, Addie is crying because her toes are cold. I forgot to have her wear extra socks! We tried to tell her to just be tough for a few more minutes. She is so sweet and did just that. In between pictures she was crying and sitting with Daniel's jacket on but when we needed her she smiled and looked happy! Johnny was good. He ran around the whole time throwing his Ninja Turtle in the snow and climbing on the hills! Dia wasn't sure what to do. When we put her down she refused to move her feet!
I did get brave and do some bare belly shots (be warned, there are a couple at the end of this post!). The other 3 kids got bare belly shots so I had to be fair! It actually wasn't as cold as I thought it would be. I did those at the very end so that I could get back in the car and warm up! By this time there were quite a few people sledding where we were. Some of the people walking by tried not to notice me standing there. One lady walked by and told me it was an awesome idea!
After it was all said and done and the kids got their marshmallows that I bribed them with and we were all warm, I was glad we went to the snow and that it was done with!
































No comments: