Friday, February 14, 2014

Christmas 2013

As usual December was a busy month. Besides getting ready for a baby to arrive, we had a lot to do!
Johnny's preschool went to a retirement home to sing some Christmas songs. I missed it (I don't remember what I was doing. Maybe taking Addie to her music class?). After that we all went back to the preschool and they sang the songs for all of the parents. I was happy to see him singing and participating. This kid really LOVES to sing. I heard someone say once that a child that sings is a happy child (or something like that!). He must be happy because he sings all the time! When I look at him up there with his other preschool friends he still looks so small to me. 
After the program we headed over to the coffee shop that is run by the church (that also does the preschool) and the kids got to decorate sugar cookies! Everyone is so nice to Addie because she is an alumni so she got to decorate one too! Dia and I just ate one (or 2!).




****
Addie goes to music at the elementary school twice a week with one of the first grade classes. In December they were working hard on a bunch of holiday songs. Then there was an assembly. Addie was under the impression that her class was going to get up on the stage and sing up there. Turns out it was a sing a long and everyone sat down on the floor. Only the Kindergartners got to get up and sing a song. She was a little bummed about that. The parents were supposed to sing the songs a long with the kids I guess. I was busy trying to control a toddler that can't sit still! 





***
We can never pass up a good Groupon deal. We had seen one for The Nutcracker a couple of times and finally decided to buy some tickets and take Addie! I surprised her that night with the news of where we were going for our girls night out! It was at a high school and put on by a local ballet company so it wasn't anything too fancy but cool enough for a 6 year old! 
It was absolutely freezing the night we went. We ended up having to park pretty far from the entrance. I was pretty pregnant and Addie wanted to dress up. So I wore my high heel boots. Half way through our walk from the car to the entrance my leg started to cramp. I tried stopping and relaxing for a minute. I tried stretching, but every time I started to walk it would cramp again! Like I said, it was freezing outside and we both wanted to get in as fast as possible. So I took my boots off. I walked in to the school in my knee high socks. I got a few weird looks from people but I put my boots back on and we were okay for the rest of the night. The joys of pregnancy!


***
Right after Christmas last year we bough a 4 foot fake tree for the kids. We knew they were going to have a playroom and I thought it would be fun for them to have their own tree. They were pretty excited to decorate it. I picked up a few ornaments from IKEA and my mom sent me a bunch of soft, fabric ones that worked perfectly! I also got new stockings this year. I have had my eye on these for awhile now but could never bring myself to spend the money on them. I even tried twice to make my own stockings and they were both major fails! I only ordered 4 (because they are a bit spendy). Maybe one day I will get Daniel and I one too but for now the kids each have one and that makes me happy!


***
Christmas day was pretty calm around here. The kids are great because 1) They don't wake up super early  2)They seem to think it's normal to let your parents shower and have breakfast before you open presents. I really hope that lasts when they get older. It is so nice to have everyone fed (and me looking decent in case I am in any pictures!). 





I love how Addie is just as excited as Johnny when he opens presents.

I think the tea set was the biggest hit of the morning.




Diadora loves her babies! We found her one that is really cute and she loves to snuggle her!

For dinner on Christmas we headed down to Olympia to be with Daniel's brother and his family. It was a little crazy with all of the kids there but always fun. We also celebrate our 'when we started dating' anniversary on Christmas. This year makes 14 years!

On our wedding anniversary, December 30, we went out to eat at a fancy place. We had a gift card and decided to use it! I had been sick with a nasty cough and sinus stuff for about 2 weeks at this point so I really didn't feel like doing much. We just went to dinner then walked around the mall long enough to eat our Dairy Queen ice cream then we headed home! Happy 9 years to us!


No comments: