Sunday, November 9, 2008

New Beginnings update...

Well it's been a month since we moved into our house, started our new budget and I was supposed to be on my healthy diet. Thought I would post a little update on how things are going.

As far as the diet...well, that didn't go so well. I was good for about 2 weeks then I stopped writing down what I was eating. If I don't write it down there is no way I will stick to it. And now we have tons of Halloween candy so it's not looking like I will be going sugar free for a little bit longer. :) In those few weeks that I was eating well, I think I at least lost the weight that I gained right after Addie stopped nursing.

I still don't have the house decorated, the walls are so bare! I am thinking about making a cover for our old comforter, some new curtains and something to cover our open closets (besides the ugly white doors that slide). These things, and hanging stuff on the walls will be my next project

Our new budget is working out great! It's not so fun sticking to a budget all of the time but our bank account benefits from it. About the third week into it, Daniel told me he was dying and couldn't handle not eating out. Except for the occasional snack at McDonald's and Daniel's Thursday morning breakfasts at work, we only ate out for dinner like 2 or 3 times during the month. Although there were a lot of things we had to pass up buying during the month, there were a few fun purchases: I bought fabric to make some changing pads, Addie's new table from Ikea and Daniel got a lawn mower. Addie loves her table! It's usually in my craft room for her to color at while I am working. Here are a couple cute pictures of her sitting at it reading...



1 comment:

Travis and Ashlee said...

Budgets are great! We never seem to stick to ours, but I hear they are great!!