Sunday, November 23, 2008

Our Princess

Seriously, this is like the second time we have witnessed this. Addie is not the type that will sleep anywhere. It is rare for her to sleep in the car, stroller, our arms. We decided to go for a quick walk today after church instead of laying her down right away for a nap. Not long into it she was resting her head on the side then she fell asleep! I couldn't believe it! I had to get a picture. We managed to carry the stroller up the porch steps and parked her in the living room where she slept for another 20 minutes or so. She woke up crying and Daniel put her in her bed. I think she might have slept all night if I had left her. I finally woke her up around 6:30. It was the most wonderful thing being able to cook AND eat dinner in peace tonight, but she wanted to stay up late! Finally around 10 she was acting sleepy and went to bed...we'll see what time she wakes up tomorrow!
I have to just say what a great little girl she is! This morning she had a short nap before church so I was worried she was going to be a monster! Daniel and I are both Sunbeam teachers (4 year olds) and she has 1 more month (yea!) until she goes into nursery so she is stuck in the room with us for the second and third hours of church. Today she was wonderful! She wanted to sit on a little chair just like all of the other kids, she colored when they did, I even saw her doing some of the arm movements to a song during singing time! Then we came home and she fell asleep in the stroller and was such a happy girl when she woke up. I have to say she is a sweetie pie! We were saying how we know our next child is going to be out of control because you can't have 2 angels in a row, can you?
Two more things. Isn't her jacket adorable? I know it's hard to see, but we found it at Old Navy for $10.99! And she loves wearing those mittens! We have been walking a lot lately and she puts her hands out so I can put them on. Again, sweetie pie.

No comments: