Sunday, December 4, 2011

12 Days of Halloween and Painting Pumpkins

Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year. I tried to make it fun for the kids. I did 12 days of Halloween. Everyday they got to do a craft, read a new book or go somewhere fun. Some days it was just Addie because Johnny is still too young for some things. I really wanted to put more effort into it but I was super busy with vinyl stuff. I was disappointed with the jar that I threw together to hold the 'clue' for the day and that some of the projects were rushed, but honestly I don't think Addie noticed.

On day 2 (I have no idea what was on day one, it was a month ago!) she found a little white pumpkin head guy in her jar. She had actually picked him out at the store but forgot that we bought it.

This was his before picture.


Undergoing his make over.

My little painter.

And his after shot. She did all of it by herself, except she needed help with the mouth.

Day 4 were new Halloween/fall books. Have you read these Duck and Goose books? So stinking cute.

Don't mind my wonderful drawing, day 5 we painted/carved pumpkins!









I had to make sure he fit in to it for his second year of photos inside the pumpkin.



Look of concentration.

Daniel's finished creation.

The finished pumpkins.


Some of the other activities were: pumpkin patch, corn maze, ward Halloween party, trick or treating, and costume day at preschool.

No comments: