Thursday, December 22, 2011

Gladiator Rock n Run

At the end of October Daniel and I and a group of friends did the Gladiator Rock n Run. 'Nitro' from American Gladiators runs the event. It was the distance of a 5k with about 14 obstacles. The obstacles ranged from running through tires, wading through a pool of ice water, crawling through freezing mud on our bellies to climbing over a 10 foot wall. This 10 foot wall was at the very end. We were all so tired it was impossible to get over by ourselves! Thankfully there were guys up there to help pull people over. Afterward, all of the women in our group were talking about and comparing the size of bruises we had from where they grabbed us to get us over! I'm pretty sure those bruises were the only injuries.
We were in the 9am heat and it was absolutely FREEZING. I would have enjoyed it so much more if it was warmer outside. Every time I had to jump into the mud I felt like my heart was seriously going to stop. We were pretty happy with our time. We did it in under an hour and no one got seriously hurt! There were professional photographers at every obstacle to catch all our moves and expressions.


Can you tell I am trying not to have a heart attack from the cold?

This one came up with my number because you can barely see my head as I am going over the net.





2 comments:

Tricia and Aaron said...

WOOOHOO!! Look at those guns! Looks like fun!

Mikki and Greg said...

This looks like so much fun! I can't wait to find some similar races close to us. Way to go guys!