Thursday, June 14, 2012

36

So we have this theory. I know it might sound crazy to some people. I think a lot of things I think about pregnancy sound crazy to some people. Some examples: I think women carry boys and girls different (at least I did) and the heart rate at the end of pregnancy can be an indication of whether or not the baby is a boy or girl. Johnny's was down in the 120/130 range, while Addie's was up in the 140/150 range.

So our theory is that my belly measurements (fundal height) only get to 36. I measure 36cm 2 weeks in a row then the baby is born within a few days. This happened with both of my other pregnancies. It could be a coincidence, we are waiting to find out if it's true for a third time! Today I had my 36 week appointment. The heart rate was 140's (maybe a girl?). When she measured my belly she said it was 36. I know this is just a theory but I couldn't help but almost start to panic because if it is true, we could have this baby next weekend! When I reminded my midwife of my 36 idea, she suggested that we measure me again laying flat on my back. This time she got 34.5. I'm not sure I trust this number though because I was laying on my soft bed (this was a home visit) and I was sinking down a little. I think she doesn't want to accept our 36 theory because she is going out of town next week and doesn't want to miss the birth! I wouldn't be surprised if we have a baby in the next 2 weeks. If he/she wants to wait a little longer to arrive that's fine with me too. My mom needs to get here, we are having Addie's birthday party and we want our midwife to be back from vacation! Everyone is voting for July 1 for the birthday right now. :)

Here are my 36 weeks photos:


1 comment:

Melissa Brown said...

You are so CUTE! Love your hair color too. Can't wait to find if it's a girl or boy.