Monday, June 4, 2012

Fat Lips

It's a sad thing when little kids get hurt. It's really sad when my little snugly man has a rough day and gets hurt twice. He woke up this morning crying and holding his neck. I figured he slept wrong and was in a lot of pain. He kept telling me that "daddy did it". I was really confused until Daniel explained that he went in to check on Johnny early this morning and moved him because he was sleeping on his stomach with his head scrunched in to the corner of the wall.
On to injury number 2. Before bed the kids were playing with a box in our room. Our new bed frame has a wood ledge all the way around. We knew it was just a matter of time before one of the kids hurt themselves on it. Tonight it was Johnny's lip vs. the bed frame. The bed won. Poor kid. I had flash backs to when Addie fell and cut her lip open when she was 2.5 years old.



The sad part: Look at that sad face! And he got blood all over his brand new pajamas.
The good part: He is a momma's boy. That meant all he wanted was to do was snuggle with me. :)

I have to say I do feel a little guilty that he got hurt. Just last week we were talking about our kids injuries at playgroup. I mentioned that Addie fell when she was about Johnny's age and cut her lip pretty bad. We used it as a good excuse to take her pacifier away because it was rubbing on the cut and irritating it. I may have also mentioned that I wished something like that would happen to Johnny so that we could take his pacifier away. I didn't really want him to get hurt! We gave him the pacifier tonight anyway hoping that it would be more painful than soothing but I'm not sure that it worked.

No comments: