Thursday, June 14, 2012

Happy 5th birthday Addie!

Yesterday my baby girl turned 5. Really?! Am I old enough to have a 5 year old, a child headed to kindergarten in the fall? It's a little crazy. At the same time, I love that she is growing up and becoming more independent. Some things about her right now:
-She loves to help me (most of the time!) and is happy to do what I ask her
-She has been eating like a champ and must be growing because all of her clothes are suddenly too small!
-Favorite show: Dinosaur Train
-Favorite Color: Pink
-Favorite book: Paper Bag Princess
-She loves to read and be read to before bed. She absolutely refuses to go to sleep if we don't read to her.
-She is super excited for this baby to come so she can help me out. She is also convinced it's a girl. :)

Her birthday was a super busy day. We started early with our annual pedicures. It's nice to have something to do with just her and not have her little brother as a distraction. Of course she chose pink for her nail color.


At school she was the snack helper. She picked brownies to take. They also sang her happy birthday and gave her a sticker that said "It's my birthday!".


 After school I had a chiropractic appointment so she hung out with dad for a few minutes. She got to talk to both Grandmas on the phone so they could tell her happy birthday. As soon as I was done we headed off to Red Robin, our birthday celebration place!




When we got home it was time for presents. She was pretty clear this year on what she wanted. Every time we went to the store she told me the same things. I had to keep reminding her that they were on her birthday list and that she needed to wait. We got her a couple things that were also not on her list and she seemed pretty excited! Except right after she was done opening them all she turned to me and said, "Mom, why didn't you get me more things?". Seriously?!? Are we to that age already? I explained that she is still having a party and that maybe her friends will bring her presents but she needs to be grateful for what she did get.


 One thing she really wanted was this Hello Kitty clock. She can't tell time yet, just thought it was cool. Guess we'll have to teach her!


 We ordered her the Silverlicious book to complete her collection. I think her face shows her excitement.
She also got some chap stick/lip gloss, wood blocks that make a castle and Gma and Gpa Pedersen got her some ballet clothes for her class that starts next week! We are saving her kid's digital camera for her party.


All day Johnny was singing Happy Birthday. When we tried to get it on camera of course he was not cooperating. This is a short clip of it. 

No comments: