Monday, July 16, 2012

1 Week

I am amazed at how fast the first week with Diadora in our family has flown by! I've tried to capture as many of the 'cute' moments as I can, but I am sure to other people a lot of these photos will look the same. To me she is adorable when she is asleep, maybe those are boring to other people. So I tried to include a variety of photos from the first week!

 Addie has been IN LOVE from the moment Diadora was born. She asks several times a day if she can hold her and she is always right by my side when ever I change her and she is fussing.

 She loves her Swaddle thing. I know it looks cruel, like she is in a straight jacket. But seriously, this helps her (and me!) sleep. She doesn't flail her arms out when she gets scared and she can't scoot her way over to me during the night. I am getting way more sleep this time around without having her wiggling right up against me! I am also loving that she usually lets me sleep for 4-5 hours every night uninterrupted.

 Lots of time is spent in her Mama Roo. Maybe one of our best Craigslist purchases ever.

 Lots of this going on.

 We had to get some new legos to keep Johnny D busy.

 And we've painted Addie's nails several times.

 Addie drew a family portrait for me.

 Did I mention that she loves her little sister? See the books next to her? She wanted to read to Diadora when she woke up. She kept carrying the books around waiting for her eyes to open.

 After a week went by, we finally gave her her first bath. I know, we waited awhile. Honestly, I do not enjoy bathing little tiny new babies. It's awkward and they scream. Fortunately for me, she did not scream. I seriously don't think this is my baby. She sat there looking around calm as can be.

 Of course I had helpers. Right. Next. To. Me.




 And she smelled sooo much better when it was all done. :)

 We've been seeing more smiles.


Happy 1 week Diadora Rae!!


2 comments:

RenaissanceSista said...

She is so adorable! And I am the same way about baths! I always wait forever to do it cause I get too freaked out!! :)

Melissa Brown said...

So precious! The new baby excitement wares off after awhile, at least it did for my kids when Lincoln was born.