Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Our Loft

I should actually title this 'The Kid's Loft' because basically the kids own the whole upstairs at our house. This room really is a great space it just seems like it's either too cold or too hot for me to sit up there!
Anyway, after almost 3 years of living here I am calling this room (90%) done! (If you look closely I still have to put pictures in the frames but at least the frames are hung!). Most of the loft had been organized/decorated for awhile now. I was procrastinating the frames and the curtains. I have been weary of putting too much effort/time/money in to decorating this house because we didn't know when we would be moving. The cats destroyed the 40 year old curtains that were up there and it was pretty bad so I decided something had to be done!
The curtains are on a track. I don't know what else to call it. You have to pull a rope to open and close them. I had no idea how to make curtains that go like that and I really didn't want to take the whole rod down and start over. While on a trip to Ikea (the best store ever!) I found all the supplies I needed to make curtains that go on the existing rod! So I sat down one night and whipped out the curtains in about 2 hours! I have to say my sewing machine is awesome so it saved me a lot of time with the attachments and the curtains are not perfect. But they are done! And I do like the brightness it adds to the room!
This is what the room looked like before we moved in...

And now...


 I put this tree up last summer. I was picturing it bigger but it was kind of a pain so I am not re doing it!

My not so perfect curtains. :)
 
I mentioned that I didn't want to put too much effort in to decorating this place because I knew if I did then we would end up moving. We had our offer accepted on a house so there is a possibility that now that the curtains are made we might actually be moving! We haven't done the inspection on it yet so I am not set that it's going to go through (we have made it to this point before and backed out!). So for now I will just post 1 picture of the house that might be!

No comments: