Monday, July 2, 2012

Paper Bag Princess Birthday Party

For Addie's 5th birthday party this year she really wanted to do a princess theme. Since most of the kids she wanted to invite were boys, I had to try to come up with a party theme that would be fun for the boys and girls! She loves the book, "The Paper Bag Princess". It has a princess, prince and a dragon. I found  a blog online that had done a Paper Bag Princess party so I went off of some of her ideas! I started working on this about a month before because I knew I was going to be 37+ weeks pregnant and would not want to be working on it at the last minute. It wasn't anything fancy but everyone seemed to have a great time!


 I found this idea here for the fabric crowns. They were pretty easy to make. I just went through all my scrap fabric pieces and was able to find some that fit both boys and girls. We let the kids decorate them with little stick on jewels. Most of them wore them through out the party, some decided at the end that they didn't want to take them home. Whatever, they had fun making them!
 My princess and me. She is so cute!
 Of course the dress up clothes came out. I was hoping that they wouldn't but I should have known better! I did have to make 2 of the girls take their dresses off when it came time to eat the cake because I knew a 5 year old + chocolate cake + sitting on the floor + a princess dress = a mess and a sad Addie.
 The group! We took this before one more of the girls arrived. It actually turned out to be a good mix of boys and girls. At the last minute 3 boys could not make so it evened out!
 Snack time!
 I am not really a fan of these next 2 pictures, but my mom was here for the party so I think I should share these as well! We were snacking when Daniel came up and started taking pictures. I was trying to hide the food in my mouth! My face was round enough that day, hiding food in my cheeks didn't help!

 All of the kids got a tiny copy of the book in their goody bags so I asked Daniel if he would read it to them at the party. They all sat down and really listened! I know if it was me reading it they would have been jumping around not listening at all! Daniel is so cute. :)




After the party we cleaned up a little bit then headed out for dinner. It was a long an exhausting day but Addie had so much fun and loved her party!

No comments: